Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VOT 156 April 2018 + Ciacomix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT & Friends (2017 - present)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like music?
1st Hour
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
2nd Hour
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1st + 2nd Hour
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

grif0682
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me tear up. I remembered back in 2004, I message GT thanking him for the beautiful mixes. They were there for me when I lost my dearest friend in the Tsunami of 2004. His combinations made me cry, get excited, smile, and sparked creative juices. His music held me through college, pushing through and staying in the moment. In 2008 I disappeared a little bit and was consumed with building my life with my partner. That ended painfully, and I've been on my own for a while. My memory sparked, reminding me of DJ GT, and I forgot about these mixes I listen to religiously. I recently started checking back a month ago, and I was so excited to see mixes still being created with his fellow DJs. I was going to send a message to DJ GT thanking him for filling my ears with music.

GT - I've grown up feeling out of place or belonging in another world. When I discovered trance music in 2000, I was obsessed. I wanted to hear every Vocal Trance I could find. I had bookcases of CDs from DJs around the world. I came across your site searching for Trance, and I was in complete bliss. One of your first mixes I downloaded was Summer 2004 Connected Love and Walking Soul. I've forgotten about all my other music and played mixes over and over until the next one. I listen to you while I painted and clicked away designing on the computer. I felt like I was in my little world, and your music helped so much with that. I'm so thankful I was able to experience your music along with your fellow DJ friends. I hope you're out there in the Universe experimenting with sounds and vibrations that are heavenly divine. Much love and peace to you and your family and friends. They were lucky to have you.

Thank you, Couchman & Carver, for the tribute mix. You've played Delerium, one of my most favorite TRANCE SONGS.
T800
Poster

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sad about GT's death Sad . GT was one of the first trance DJs I discoverd back in early 2000 and I felt in love with his sets where I could find a lot of energy when I needed it or calm when I needed to rest.

I just want to thank you for all you give to me during these years....

Hoping you rest in peace.
T800
RaptoR
Poster

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! This better not be some kind of sick shit!

What happened to GT?!?!? HE was so young!!! Does anyone have any information? Where can we find something? None of the links here work!

I am simply terrified... GT was the most unique guy and their mixes with Project C have been the only music i listen in my car since I can remember. Ever since the first mixes I fell in love with these guys...

It has been twenty years of vocal trance music. The best music ever.

Farewell to GT, I will always cry for his loss
RaptoR
Poster

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, in this case, this horrible horrible case, does anyone know how we can get the last five mixes? 190-195
Has anyone uploaded them anywhere?

EDIT:

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE MEMORIAL SERVICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZefjVPiag

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE HONORARY SET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ahmqetcjI
mangohugo
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaptoR wrote:
Guys, in this case, this horrible horrible case, does anyone know how we can get the last five mixes? 190-195

Yes, https://voicesoftrance.mangohugo.workers.dev/0:/

Updated regularly Smile
RaptoR
Poster

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God belss you, my friend. I am building up a full collection of everything from the guys till today. I will, as promised before, make it available to the world and host it until I die. Whatever it costs.
Shine on my GT diamond!!!!
flash_bg
Poster

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you're missing something. I've been collecting tracks since 2004.
And I can also create file shares that should last for years and years.
F*ck, I haven't visited the forum for a few months and was hopping to find a new set of mixes...
GT and Project C got me into trance music back in 2004 (VoT 2004 Darkness was the first one I heard).
Later on they had a mix that had Bulgaria in its name so we had a quick chat about the possibility of coming to Bulgaria. That visit never happened, sadly.
T800
Poster

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangohugo wrote:
RaptoR wrote:

Yes, https://voicesoftrance.mangohugo.workers.dev/0:/

Updated regularly Smile

Thanks a lot for keeping updated the Voices of Trance sets Smile
Tycho
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear of GT's passing. His mixes have had a huge impact on me since 2001, when I found him through DI.FM. Thank you for the link to his funeral. I'm sure there's room between the trumpets and tambourines in Heaven for the best gear GT's ever had, for the best mixes any of us could imagine.

I have to credit GT (and C, Moo, etc) with being part of my most creative and productive designs. His mixes have resonance with part of the universe, helping it flow into physical realization.

Thank you mangohugo for the archive! I'm getting everything from May 2018 - present.

I have a gap in my collection from VoT 40 through VoT 115. Also missing the "seasonal" mixes 2007-present (I have a couple from 2014-2018).

I have many of the older mixes, however. Everything from 2007 back to 1999 as far as I can tell.

Something to think about is setting up a direct hosted archive site that has all the mixes for direct download, as well as torrent links. The domain registration on this site will lapse at some point, and it will disappear.
Bud_
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tycho wrote:
I have a gap in my collection from VoT 40 through VoT 115.

Hi Tycho,
did you check this page: http://mixes.generationtrance.com/ ?
ducatisearch
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in Peace GT. You are missed.
aharami
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in Peace, dj GT. I will listen to your music loud in my car. Your music brings back many fond memories
You will be missed by more than you know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT & Friends (2017 - present) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: