Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Project C - GTR Session 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this Mix!
Ownage!
77%
 77%  [ 88 ]
Pretty Good!
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
Okie Dokie!
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Not Bad!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Poopage!
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 113

FirestarXL
Poster

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those messages were looking pretty dodgy from the outset anyway, I'm cynical when it comes to all things on the 'net. Twisted Evil

But I'm glad to get my hands on this set, and thanks also to fibersnet for the undoubtedly expensive costs of passing this on to us. Wink

btw, if anyone is looking for a fast powerful AV with a nice low footprint then I'd highly reccomend Nod32. Or if you don't want to pay, the AVG free edition (google for it) is meant to be very good also - but I can't speak from personal experience on that one. But these days you need to have something, and either choice is way superior to the Norton's of this world IMO.

It's not about right, not about wrong. It's about power.
Tom
Da Fan

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offcourse a masterpiece Wink

Dont know the tracks yet listing full mix but around 40 mins there's a great female vocal track and im at a male vocal at the moment, great tunes! Smile

*voted*
dada
Da Fan

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thankx for the cool mix. I listen to your mixes all the time Very Happy
Wyrm
Da Fan

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT AN APOLOGY FROM YOU GUYS! There is simply NO WAY that you are at fault here!

You guys have ALREADY done WAY more to help us out than you could to hurt us! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Titus
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyrm wrote:
I REFUSE TO ACCEPT AN APOLOGY FROM YOU GUYS! There is simply NO WAY that you are at fault here!

You guys have ALREADY done WAY more to help us out than you could to hurt us! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Agree, I myself wold liketo thank you guys for such a great work Smile

keep it up GT!!!
Project C
Da Bro

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY GREAT THANKS FIBERSNET!!!!!!

And thanks all for the comments! Progressive has so many different elements where it just takes over when doing these sets. Like GT said, we will be going back to our roots with Vocal Trance this Spring
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pipedowndjh
Da Seed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to apologize...all the stuff u guys do for us fans is enough...its not ur fault but its nice that you took the time to...it really shows that u enjoy doing this...thanks for new set Smile
kxnkxnkxn
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does that mean you guys are going to make a Voices of Spring 2005? with 4 sets? and stuff? nice. i was beginning to think the GTR sessions were your new "voices of _" because most of the songs were vocal anyway... especially in session 2/4/6 (i dont have 3/5 cuz i dont know how to get them), but yeah im listening to sessions 2 and 4 all day in my car... so yeah back to voices of _ ?
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxnkxnkxn wrote:
so does that mean you guys are going to make a Voices of Spring 2005? with 4 sets? and stuff? nice. i was beginning to think the GTR sessions were your new "voices of _" because most of the songs were vocal anyway... especially in session 2/4/6 (i dont have 3/5 cuz i dont know how to get them), but yeah im listening to sessions 2 and 4 all day in my car... so yeah back to voices of _ ?

Most of these GTR sessions were progressive, which is out of our norm compared to our voices sessions. I'm not sure how many sets we are going to release for Spring, but I hope to let you guys know as soon as I do! Twisted Evil

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
kxnkxnkxn
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright im confused now... cuz now i dont know if i know what progressive means anymore... because you said most of your gtr sessions are progressive... i always thought progressive was just pure trance beats/melodies slowly building up with the same thing over and over...
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxnkxnkxn wrote:
alright im confused now... cuz now i dont know if i know what progressive means anymore... because you said most of your gtr sessions are progressive... i always thought progressive was just pure trance beats/melodies slowly building up with the same thing over and over...

i meant most of the GTR sessions made by myself and Project C were considered progressive house/progressive trance (GTR Session 1, 2, 6, and 8 ). Didn't it sound progressive to you (trance beats/melodies slowly building up with the same thing over and over)? Wink

another good indication of the track being progressive is the BPM (beats per minute) is around 131 or so. Most regular trance tracks are around 136. this rule is not always the case, but it's a good indication.

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
kxnkxnkxn
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i always thought progressive doenst have vocals... so i considered it a vocal mix... like the tracklist is like 85% vocals thats why... becasue a lot of your "voices of _" hvae a slow build up also... so wouldnt that make them progressive as well?
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxnkxnkxn wrote:
well i always thought progressive doenst have vocals... so i considered it a vocal mix... like the tracklist is like 85% vocals thats why... becasue a lot of your "voices of _" hvae a slow build up also... so wouldnt that make them progressive as well?

progressive can also have vocals. having vocals doesn't make it non-progressive. it is just the way the slow progression of beats is produced.

some of our older mixes do have a progressive feel to them, and some of those tracks are probably progressive, like

Brian Eno - An Ending (Leama & Moor Remix)

from my autumn 2004 (earth) mix, but it was sped up a little to give it that non-progressive feel. however, the way the beats are produced is definitely progressive.

in the end, i rather not like to categorize these tracks, i'll just play whatever sounds good to the ears! Laughing

kxnkxnkxn
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGREED! and since you're still up right now are there any songs you know that sound like
Alucard Pres 49th Line ft Jennifer Grimm - Blue on Blue (Hydroids Dream Mix)

slow vocals are the best!
i have andains - beautiful things and armins burned with desire alreayd, cant find any other slow ones...
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxnkxnkxn wrote:
AGREED! and since you're still up right now are there any songs you know that sound like
Alucard Pres 49th Line ft Jennifer Grimm - Blue on Blue (Hydroids Dream Mix)

slow vocals are the best!
i have andains - beautiful things and armins burned with desire alreayd, cant find any other slow ones...

you will find some more choons like those in future GTR mixes, like 10, ... patience is a virtue. Wink

Shumba
Da Moderator

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow played it a few times now and this is definatly gona remain one of my faves from you guys for a long time
i think i like where your going with this progressive stuff Razz
Paw Paw Paw Paw
RexExitium
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love this set. Having always been a big fan of progressive trance (Hybridized.org is like my #1 bookmarked site or something Laughing ) , I must say I love the direction you've used in this set, DjGT. That's not to say I don't enjoy vocal trance, but I like progressive more. Very Happy

I'd love to hear more progressive sets. Keep up the good work!

My favorite so far: Morgan Page Featuring Astrid Suryanto - Falling (Main Mix)
madmaxcam12
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in the end, i rather not like to categorize these tracks, i'll just play whatever sounds good to the ears!

Thank you some much for posting that DJ GT. Those last 2 lines say it all. If you enjoy it listen to it and screw what everyone else says. I have been really been enjoying all the mix and vs that you both do please keep it up!!! Would there be anytime you would offer covers for your mixes, I enjoy the cover art and use them as backgrounds.

BTW I don't know if anyone likes Daft Punk here (I do) but there is a song by LCD Soundsystem that is about Daft Punk coming to there house to play a party. That would be a dream to have a good DJ come to my house (DJ GT). Laughing Laughing
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RexExitium wrote:
I must say I love the direction you've used in this set, DjGT. That's not to say I don't enjoy vocal trance, but I like progressive more. Very Happy

so have the best of both worlds... progressive with vocals! Twisted Evil

BTW, dont forget that this set was mixed by Project C! Wink

zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: about the mix Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
raypoo04 wrote:
If your going towards the 'House' or Vocal House genres, than this is a great mix for those genre lovers, but the 'Trance', it's lacking, which i was expecting. I hope you can take the above as an optomistic opinion to feed off of.
Cool

-Ray

This mix was indeed a progressive house/progressive trance mix, hence the slow buildup. We are experimenting with new sounds lately, cause to be honest, I'm starting to LOVE progressive! Twisted Evil

However, when Spring comes along, we hope to go back to our roots, which is pure trance baby! Shocked

Vocal Trance Right? Wink

zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
RexExitium wrote:
I must say I love the direction you've used in this set, DjGT. That's not to say I don't enjoy vocal trance, but I like progressive more. Very Happy

so have the best of both worlds... progressive with vocals! Twisted Evil

BTW, dont forget that this set was mixed by Project C! Wink

Yeah, common This is Project C set. You want to hurt the guys feelings or something Sad Confused

paxton
Poster

slovenia.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chillout mix... Wink
________
website design

Last edited by paxton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
jojoamani
Poster

taiwan.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone hav D/L DjGT & Project C 's works,If you wanna feedback
for something else, First you can do it now is :

VOTE for Dj GT & Project C!
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojoamani wrote:
VOTE for Dj GT & Project C!

^^^ yeah, what he said! Wink

Mautilius
Poster

poland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh another Great Set I'm In Love With Morgan Page Featuring Astrid Suryanto - Falling (Main Mix) , Maybe U Have Lyric of this, I can't find it anywhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: