Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
dj GT - gEnEration trancE 2002 (Vol 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this mix!
Ownage!
98%
 98%  [ 71 ]
Poopage!
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 72

mimoviz
Poster

venezuela.gif
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. Reply with quote

Hi There. These are my impressions from Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1.

As one of the "oldest" works that GT have posted, it is nice to see where the style he is currently applying have evolved from. Twelve songs that are put together and then divided by the mix into three notable segments: The first part takes four songs truly vocal and tending to set a tranquil mood over the listener, evocating concepts as apart as "love" and "strenght". GT made a good combination over over these pieces from Riva, En Motion, Oceanlab (saved greatly by Suissa), in order to make a soft change into a second part, be means of using The Mystery. Beign as it is, the transition which was evidently intended to take the whole song did not quite make it to the point at min 26, when entering into "Dreaming of You" from The Thrillseekers . At this point, the mix phases into a totally different design, aiming the rithm to enhance other perceptions such as "speed" and "beat", while showing a fairly energized track as the "Deep Sea" by Aquanuts. This second part last just for the next song, and that's when thing get really confused.
From that point on, an and until minute 62, the course that was originally made by the first part of the mix was lost, partly because of the use and combination of a set of good songs that are thematically and stylistically set apart. Thus, great gaps in continuity arouse by the time we were listening to the "Southern Song". The jump was so great that it is not easy to derive what was originally intended by GT at the time of making the mix.
Bottom line: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. shows a very nice introduction, a good song selection and regular transitions over all the mix. The major flaw of the mix lies, IMHO, at the confusing structure of the whole production, which is not consistent nor homogeneous throughtout the work.

GT, please do not misunderstand these comments. I *know* that you love music and you love what you do in producing great mixes. I am just trying to convey in small words some thoughts that are probably not very useful to you, especially when taking accounnt of how old this mix is.

Thanks! Smile
DJ Lazi I
Da Binary Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. Reply with quote

mimoviz wrote:
As one of the "oldest" works that GT have posted, it is nice to see where the style he is currently applying have evolved from. Twelve songs that are put together and then divided by the mix into three notable segments: The first part takes four songs truly vocal and tending to set a tranquil mood over the listener, evocating concepts as apart as "love" and "strenght". GT made a good combination over over these pieces from Riva, En Motion, Oceanlab (saved greatly by Suissa), in order to make a soft change into a second part, be means of using The Mystery. Beign as it is, the transition which was evidently intended to take the whole song did not quite make it to the point at min 26, when entering into "Dreaming of You" from The Thrillseekers . At this point, the mix phases into a totally different design, aiming the rithm to enhance other perceptions such as "speed" and "beat", while showing a fairly energized track as the "Deep Sea" by Aquanuts. This second part last just for the next song, and that's when thing get really confused.

*from his profile* Occupation: Commercial Law Attorney

Heh. That makes more sense after reading your post.
mimoviz wrote:
From that point on, an and until minute 62, the course that was originally made by the first part of the mix was lost, partly because of the use and combination of a set of good songs that are thematically and stylistically set apart. Thus, great gaps in continuity arouse by the time we were listening to the "Southern Song". The jump was so great that it is not easy to derive what was originally intended by GT at the time of making the mix.

The unfortuante side is that we don't really know what was intended. Each set is...well a set, a mix all its own. There may be underlying "mini" themes within each mix, but over all, the mix itself holds no identity other than "Generation Trance 2002 Vol 1". For instance, "Voices Of Winter 2004" has four mixes within, namely Snowflake, Avalanche, Frost, and Glacier. As I had previously asked GT (and, unless he misunderstood my question about it), he stated simply that he and Project C named their mixes because the names reminded them of winter, not necessarily because the individual tracks or mixes did.

A major theme in all of the mixes that I've heard GT produce is variety. Once one sound or tone is used or becomes tiresome, a new sound is presented. By doing so, you continue to grab the attention of the listener, which now it becomes reasonable to conclude (as if it wasn't obvious) that these mixes are created with the listener or audience in mind. In order to earn prestige, you must have a variety to win the masses. It's bad business to have people either walk out on your productions (live mixes) or spread rumors or gossip that "DJ So-and-So" doesn't play good music.

As for gaps, you could derive that there are, indeed, mini mixes, or sets within the mix. Transitions that will satisfy the ears of a perfectionist will never exist. There is just too much variety in terms of musical style, instrument use, etc.

mimoviz wrote:
The major flaw of the mix lies, IMHO, at the confusing structure of the whole production, which is not consistent nor homogeneous throughtout the work.

And when, my friend, was electronica ever not confusing or consistent? Smile Indeed, the point and angle of some trance is to be melodic and smooth, while others are ment to have jagged edges. But, I will refrain from tearing apart an opinion because that's rude of me to do so, and honestly, I don't like doing it.

Oh, and uh, GT, I just wanted to say I think this mix is sweet. Cool
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. Reply with quote

mimoviz wrote:
Bottom line: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. shows a very nice introduction, a good song selection and regular transitions over all the mix. The major flaw of the mix lies, IMHO, at the confusing structure of the whole production, which is not consistent nor homogeneous throughtout the work.

GT, please do not misunderstand these comments. I *know* that you love music and you love what you do in producing great mixes. I am just trying to convey in small words some thoughts that are probably not very useful to you, especially when taking accounnt of how old this mix is.

Thanks! Smile

thanks for the great interpretation.... you guys look way too much into these mixes.

i usually play whatever sounds good to the ear, sometimes the flow seems better than other mixes. Twisted Evil

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
namicus
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your stuff! My wife too. What happened to bittorrent downloads?

Nam
mimoviz
Poster

venezuela.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. Reply with quote

Thanks Lazi I! I appreciate your comments.... especially when you emphasize about me being an attorney Smile
The good thing about this is that we have demonstrated how a creation might surpass the notions of its creator.
Hands up for Project GT, and GT himself!

DJ Lazi I wrote:

Heh. That makes more sense after reading your post.
Cool
DJ Lazi I
Da Binary Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Generation Trance 2002 - Vol 1. Reply with quote

mimoviz wrote:
Thanks Lazi I! I appreciate your comments.... especially when you emphasize about me being an attorney Smile
The good thing about this is that we have demonstrated how a creation might surpass the notions of its creator.
Hands up for Project GT, and GT himself!

Yeah! Cool
StadiumDJ
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat
T the GT lover
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ownage, as always Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

namicus wrote:
I love your stuff! My wife too. What happened to bittorrent downloads?

Nam

we've been behind on those torrents, will try to set the rest up. Embarassed

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
AcidGlow
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Mix. I like the last 6 the most. Cool

AcidGlows YouTube
Dman247365
Poster

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Addicted To The Sound! Reply with quote

Two words and 3 dots: "Great Mix...!"

1999 "Club Vibes", then in 2001 "My Name Is Trance"...
Both they were my Weekly Addictions on the local radio station called C-Dance.
Then, for 3 years there was the silence,... my favorite DJ stopped mixing the Beats and Bases. No more Trancy sounds on the airwaves.
But, approx.1 month ago, Digital Imported ... found by accident, has woken up that old Trance Flame.
GT and Project C have relighted that T-Addiction.
Voices of Trance 2003 and Voice of Time 1999-2000 have put me back on Track. Generation of Trance 2002 - Vol1 completes that dreamy flavor of sounds!
As long as it has that Dream-Vocal combination... I can't get enough of it Very Happy
Wink
Da RaVeR

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limited to 50 kbps But I know that its all going to be worth it GT, You always come through man.... Ps. Check out some of my mixes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
exklusve
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these mirrored anywhere? I get dead links Sad
thanks for the great mixes!!! Very Happy
NMZ
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exklusve wrote:

Ditto.

Same for all of the other mixes hosted on the FTP server. It seems anonymous login has been turned off.

FTP Server wrote:
Error 530: Login Incorrect
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exklusve wrote:
thanks for the great mixes!!! Very Happy

Sorry, I will try to find another host soon. Embarassed

DJMarkIIdx
Justine's Stalker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap, lol. I need this mix, I have it on cd........ somewhere, but I was gonna redownload it cause i can't find the cd. Love this mix... tooooo good.

If someone sets up a torrent I'll seed it... if not I will wait, unless someone could give it to me over aim or yahoo... Sad If anyone can help pm me and thanks, hahah.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biker84
Poster

italy.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bed link:

http://demo.asterisk-support.ru/music/DJ%20GT%20-%202001-2002/
Doctor Bob
Da Fan

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrmagician wrote:
crap, lol. I need this mix, I have it on cd........ somewhere, but I was gonna redownload it cause i can't find the cd. Love this mix... tooooo good.

If someone sets up a torrent I'll seed it... if not I will wait, unless someone could give it to me over aim or yahoo... Sad If anyone can help pm me and thanks, hahah.

I send you a pm , but wanna share it with everyone who wants this mix, I got it here

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ZVJ9QBC3SJNK3G6TWQI5UKD8Y

GT vs Project C LIVE @ Holland??
orangefeesh
Da Fan

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah, doctor bob's link has expired...

southern sun was always one of my fav tracks, i didnt know that gabriel and dresden had a mix, so now i have to find it to dl!

in other words, get that host soon!
Doctor Bob
Da Fan

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangefeesh wrote:

southern sun was always one of my fav tracks, i didnt know that gabriel and dresden had a mix, so now i have to find it to dl!

Give me a pm and say when you want to d/l the mix and I 'll upload it Wink

Doctor Bob
Da Fan

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangefeesh wrote:

ok, i don't wait for a pm
will upload it later on , than you got 7 days.......... Wink

Doctor Bob
Da Fan

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: upload Reply with quote

Uploaded 8 oct.
Here is the new link
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33XL1OMUAQDEA2ZMD4ALYASZY5

enjoy Wink

technisc
Poster

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn , ITs down1!!!! I would lkove to habe diees mex.

Vote for
Technischer Ko @ The DJ List!
[XFG] John
Da Trance-a-nator

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good music GT keep it comein Cool Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yew
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone upload it again? maybe on www.megaupload.com where they don't have a download limit or expiration date.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: