Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VOT 048 April 2009 with Sayphonic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (2008 - 2009)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like music?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

trance4u
Da Promoter

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are already dead after getting married...LOL! that just absolutely cracks me up.... pretty soon they will be going to bed at 8:00pm... what is this BS? give us our DJs back damnit! now you guys know why i never partied with you...cuz i got married...get used to it fellas...
BadBob
Poster

seychelles.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trance4u wrote:
they are already dead after getting married...LOL! that just absolutely cracks me up.... pretty soon they will be going to bed at 8:00pm... what is this BS? give us our DJs back damnit! now you guys know why i never partied with you...cuz i got married...get used to it fellas...

Getting married is a lame excuse to stop the music.

BadBob
Josman
Poster

dominicanrep.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been a fan since his Hamster days. man feel a little empty without his mixes. The only thing keeping me up its his 2005-2008 mixes. Give us some info on whats going on GT. we love you no matter what
bygoneera
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Darey's Nocturnal has replaced GT/ProjC for me, well I mean I will always be on the look out for new stuff but... until then Matt Darey is an EXCELLENT resource for new and upcoming vocal trance.

Tons of MP3's from the Sunshine podcast and the show itself available for free download right off of the page. :]

Google for 'Nocturnal Radio'
vijaja
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice heads up on the Nocturnal Radio. I also listen to Tiesto and Above & Beyond's weekly podcasts. Time to add Noctural to the mix.

Buuut, I'll still be checking this forum and waiting until the next official mix is released by these fellas.
J_RaD
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this place is going dead!!

the last VOT was summer 2008!?!? Crying or Very sad
Josman
Poster

dominicanrep.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything we can do to help?? We're here for you!
flash_bg
Poster

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to give you warning
But everyone ignores me
Told you everything loud and clear
But nobody's listening
Call to you so clearly
But you don't want to hear me
Told you everything loud and clear
But nobody's listening

I think when you love what you're doing, you must continue to do it no matter what happens to you.
nitelyfe
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Just my 2 cents... Reply with quote

... for whatever it's worth...
My *RANT* about Generation Trance. After all, this is the internet which is full of RANTS Wink:

Back in 2004 or so, a cousin of mine told me about "some new DJ called GT". At first, I'll admit, I wasn't all that impressed but, I gave your mixes a shot anyway. I'm glad I did. I started thoroughly enjoyed the vocal mixes and spread a good word to all the other dance music fans I know. Then it appeared your fan base grew as the months went on along with your talent. After all, good vocal trance is hard to find.

Then, starting late last year, nothing. Early this year, barely anything. Since then, the site became pointless.

I used to work for a website that gave away part of their service- online storage and file sharing similar to rapid share, megaupload, etc...- for free. I never thought it made sense when people complained about the performance of our free service which is why I haven't complained here... until today. I felt it was time to show that it only takes a few minutes to express something on the internet. If I'm just ill-informed and this is posted somewhere, great? I obviously don't know you but, I also didn't know those who contacted me with complaints but, I still ensured they were informed. I DO feel like I know your music, however.

To make a long story longer Wink, in a nutshell, take this post as one of your fans wanting to know if it's time to stop being a fan. With all due respect, "Yes" or "No" can be typed in literally less than 1 second.

/nitelyfe
nitelyfe
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this- http://forums.generationtrance.com/viewtopic.php?t=6276

It's appreciated but, I know what you're going through so... I won't expect anything for a LONG LONG time if not ever. I wish all those involved the best and hopefully I'm wrong.
bygoneera
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To make a long story longer , in a nutshell, take this post as one of your fans wanting to know if it's time to stop being a fan. With all due respect, "Yes" or "No" can be typed in literally less than 1 second.

Just come back every few months, eventually there may be something new if so grab it, if not there's a hundred other great places to discover vocal trance. GT and Project C have a rep for exposing good VT, sure, but they're not alone.

Things exist in the state that they do, and things change in the ways that they will, nature evolves and you adapt, you don't remain static in stubbornness unless you want to feel emotional and physical burden.

dj.fm community has done more for exposing vocal trance than any other community out there, even this one.

The whole mentality around 'needing' to be a 'loyal fan' of something in order to enjoy that something is utterly insane to me, I don't know why people let themselves do that kind of thing to their minds.

... waste of life to become a dedicated fan to someone else's ambition.
nitelyfe
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gltiich wrote:

...if not there's a hundred other great places to discover vocal trance.

I'm always down to hear about more places... care to share?

gltiich wrote:

Things exist in the state that they do, and things change in the ways that they will, nature evolves and you adapt, you don't remain static in stubbornness unless you want to feel emotional and physical burden.

Is this in response to my post or do you just like to read your own typing? Either way, it's WAY off topic for this thread. Since when did Vocal Trance become part of nature? Question Question Question

gltiich wrote:

The whole mentality around 'needing' to be a 'loyal fan' of something in order to enjoy that something is utterly insane to me, I don't know why people let themselves do that kind of thing to their minds.

... waste of life to become a dedicated fan to someone else's ambition.

Someone else's ambition ehh??? Waste of life indeed. HOWEVER, I would think the ambition, in the context of this site and those involved, is to become successful dance music DJs Wink . I don't have a "need" to be a fan of another person's success. They could be next to non-existent and I'd still be a fan. I'm a fan of the music and that is, by no means, a waste of life.

Chew on this a bit...
As soon as you share the product of your ambition with 1 person or the entire world, it is no longer is your possession. It becomes a shared and mutual relationship between the creator those who witness it.

/nitelyfe
ftw!

P.S. Moderator: Please do what you need to move inappropriate, off-topic posts I post to another location on the forum.
Thanks.
nitelyfe
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitelyfe wrote:
It becomes a shared and mutual relationship between the creator those who witness it.

Edit: ...the creator and those who witness it.
Tomas Eklund
Poster

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rather amazing - and somewhat disturbing - to see how some "fans" think that they have some kind of right to aggressively demand new downloads. These people have gotten things completely backwards. It's us, the fans, who are supposed to be thankful for all the effort and hard work our favorite DJs have put into making all these wonderful mixes that we've been able to download for free for such a along time. Why should GT and Project C thank me for downloading their mixes? It takes me a minute and no effort to download, they have spent days creating it. They have probably also spent a lot of money on CDs and equipment. I've gotten several hundreds of hours of great Generation Trance mixes for free.

How can some people think that expressing anger and resentment would make GT and Project C want to come back faster? It's absolutely incomprehensible.

I agree that it's a little sad when good things come to an end, but I would rather say thank you GT and Project C for everything they've done for us. Thank you guys!
canada_trance
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loved djGT and Project C since I heard Snowflake (still the most awesome mix around, seconded by Bliss), and I think I will echo a previous post -- we have no right to demand mixes from them. They put out great mixes (which are wonderfully commercial and interruption free), and we should all be happy that they are adding new dimensions to their lives. I know that the mixes will be back, and better than before.

Congratulations to you both!
nitelyfe
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the twilight zone or is there just an issue with the English translation? Who the hell is "aggressively demanding" anything? I should have just PM'd the dudes with my post for **** sake.

On a more positive note, I have gone back into the digital crate to break out the older GT Proj. C mixes. Still dope and still providing hours of iPhone fun. Very Happy Thanks as usual gents.
Tomas Eklund
Poster

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitelyfe wrote:
Who the hell is "aggressively demanding" anything?

My post was not a direct reply to yours. Although your liberal use of profanities makes you seem rather aggressive... Wink
MoOnY
Poster

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU GT AND PROJECT C =)

just listening to VOT 54 Smile and this mix ist GREAT =)
Cowardly
Poster

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the download..

Any time soon?

much appreciated
BadBob
Poster

seychelles.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowardly wrote:

Any time soon?

much appreciated

Me too ... really miss the music

BadBob
Squallik
Poster

poland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBob wrote:
Cowardly wrote:

Any time soon?

much appreciated

, and me Very Happy
Wyrm
Da Fan

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squallik wrote:
BadBob wrote:
Cowardly wrote:

Any time soon?

much appreciated

, and me Very Happy

And me too!!!! I hate to say it, but to procrastinate for over 6 months gets kinda long in the tooth. Sad
Duderotomy
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your mixes, but there is an ominous hole in the collection between VOT47 and VOT54...

good thing I wasn't holding my breath waiting for them.
Squallik
Poster

poland.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duderotomy wrote:
I love your mixes, but there is an ominous hole in the collection between VOT47 and VOT54...

good thing I wasn't holding my breath waiting for them.

Yeah, We are still waiting Smile
jmurri
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: What Tomas Eklund said. Reply with quote

Spot on Tomas Eklund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (2008 - 2009) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: