Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Loading a Cue Sheet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BURNING .CUE files and Creating .CUE files Reply with quote

zero9ine wrote:
Firstly Great music GT and Project C - its great to listen to while working.

I found some freeware software that burns .CUE files and a website link that you can generate a .CUE file from online.

The software to use is called Burrrn:

Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, tta, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets. You can also burrrn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets! Burrrn can read all types of tags from all these formats (including ape tags in mp3). Burrrn uses cdrdao.exe for burrrning.

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

I found it really simple to use just load the .CUE file, select burn speed and "Burrrn" and I have the CD a few mins later all split up and ready to play.

The online .CUE file generator http://www.stutenandy.de/cue.php?lang=en

I did try Nero but it took ages to load the .CUE file and either locked up or was still processing the file 5 mins or more later (no idea I ended the program cos i couldnt be bothered waiting) and I also tried CDRWin but it kept giving me some DAO error and that my burner wasnt able to burn (strange as its a new burner).. Anyway that prompted me to find something that would work so I figured I'd share my findings with others who may have had issues.

Very Happy

You're right that Nero locks up for a bit when processing a cue file. If you have a slow computer, it can take a while. My brother's AMD 400 MHz PC (very old) takes like 20 min. But my AMD 3200+ (2.0 GHz) Venice PC only takes a minute to process. I've been able to successfully create cue file CDs w/ both Nero 5.5.x and Nero 6.x. I assume it should work flawlessly w/ Nero 7.x as well. What PC and Nero version do you have?

Trance fans don't let trance fans listen to Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes.
Hellfyre
Bandwith Donator

india.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nero 7 is horrible. I think its finally worse than adaptec easycd. The amount of trash that is installed is phenominal.

nero 6 is good.. and with dvddecrypter/imgtool and a couple of other lighter burning tools, you can do almost everything better than nero, but you need the nero api
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfyre wrote:
Nero 7 is horrible. I think its finally worse than adaptec easycd. The amount of trash that is installed is phenominal.

nero 6 is good.. and with dvddecrypter/imgtool and a couple of other lighter burning tools, you can do almost everything better than nero, but you need the nero api

That's good to know. I'll stay with Nero 6. Smile

zero9ine
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BURNING .CUE files and Creating .CUE files Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:
zero9ine wrote:

I found some freeware software that burns .CUE files and a website link that you can generate a .CUE file from online.

Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, tta, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets. You can also burrrn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets! Burrrn can read all types of tags from all these formats (including ape tags in mp3). Burrrn uses cdrdao.exe for burrrning.

I found it really simple to use just load the .CUE file, select burn speed and "Burrrn" and I have the CD a few mins later all split up and ready to play.

I did try Nero but it took ages to load the .CUE file and either locked up or was still processing the file 5 mins or more later (no idea I ended the program cos i couldnt be bothered waiting) and I also tried CDRWin but it kept giving me some DAO error and that my burner wasnt able to burn (strange as its a new burner).. Anyway that prompted me to find something that would work so I figured I'd share my findings with others who may have had issues.

Very Happy

You're right that Nero locks up for a bit when processing a cue file. If you have a slow computer, it can take a while. My brother's AMD 400 MHz PC (very old) takes like 20 min. But my AMD 3200+ (2.0 GHz) Venice PC only takes a minute to process. I've been able to successfully create cue file CDs w/ both Nero 5.5.x and Nero 6.x. I assume it should work flawlessly w/ Nero 7.x as well. What PC and Nero version do you have?

I use Nero 6 and recently tried 7 both are really slow considering I have a Pentium 4 3.4ghz Extreme Edition and 2GB ram it should load like yours did in a minute at least but it took over 3 before I cancelled the program out and decided to look for alternatives.

I have yet to try Easy Media Creator 8 on .cue files as I know 7 could never use them with regards to Mp3's and splitting tracks. Unless I missed something.
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BURNING .CUE files and Creating .CUE files Reply with quote

zero9ine wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
zero9ine wrote:

Very Happy

I use Nero 6 and recently tried 7 both are really slow considering I have a Pentium 4 3.4ghz Extreme Edition and 2GB ram it should load like yours did in a minute at least but it took over 3 before I cancelled the program out and decided to look for alternatives.

I have yet to try Easy Media Creator 8 on .cue files as I know 7 could never use them with regards to Mp3's and splitting tracks. Unless I missed something.

That's surprising to hear. Were you running a lot of other programs at the same time? Well, at least you mentioned you found another solution (Burrrn ), so that's good. Cool

zero9ine
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BURNING .CUE files and Creating .CUE files Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:
That's surprising to hear. Were you running a lot of other programs at the same time? Well, at least you mentioned you found another solution (Burrrn ), so that's good. Cool

Nothing else running other than the usual Norton Virus scanner and Roxio's DirectCD software (in the systray), which I wouldnt have thought to conflict as it never has with any other burning software.

Doesnt matter too much as I found an alternate solution so at least I could get it working to copy the music to CD's to play in my car.

Smile
yew
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys can try foobar. it is an audio player and supports cue sheets. it is free and has dozens of features without using many ressources... http://www.foobar2000.org/
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yew wrote:
you guys can try foobar. it is an audio player and supports cue sheets. it is free and has dozens of features without using many ressources... http://www.foobar2000.org/

Yes, the folks at HA love Foobar 2000. I've used it, and it's a very good MP3 player (among other things). But I don't like how one can do ID3 v1 and v2 tagging in one simple screen as it can be done in Winamp 5.x.

penagate
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:
SadYear wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
Well, what I mean is that I would like the " to be displayed in the CD text part. I guess I can always type inch or use two single quotes, but I was curious if there was a way to tell Nero to ignore that middle quote by somehow "escaping" that character. Thanks.

Have you tried "" (2 double quotes in a row) ? In a lot of programming language, quotes are used to build strings, like "blah blah blah". To insert what will be displayed as a double quote into a string, you have to use a 2 double quotes like "This is a double quote : "" and this is a single quote : '."

I didn't test it but maybe Nero works the same way ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't try escaping the " with another ", but that's a good suggestion and it can't hurt. At worst, I make a coaster CD.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but in most programming languages one uses a backslash \ to escape the quote mark (the exception being VB which SadYear may have been thinking of). So, you could try like this

TITLE "This is the title (12\" Mix)"

May or may not work. I wish I could find a formal specification for the cuesheet format somewhere.
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

penagate wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
SadYear wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
Well, what I mean is that I would like the " to be displayed in the CD text part. I guess I can always type inch or use two single quotes, but I was curious if there was a way to tell Nero to ignore that middle quote by somehow "escaping" that character. Thanks.

Have you tried "" (2 double quotes in a row) ? In a lot of programming language, quotes are used to build strings, like "blah blah blah". To insert what will be displayed as a double quote into a string, you have to use a 2 double quotes like "This is a double quote : "" and this is a single quote : '."

I didn't test it but maybe Nero works the same way ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't try escaping the " with another ", but that's a good suggestion and it can't hurt. At worst, I make a coaster CD.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but in most programming languages one uses a backslash \ to escape the quote mark (the exception being VB which SadYear may have been thinking of). So, you could try like this

TITLE "This is the title (12\" Mix)"

May or may not work. I wish I could find a formal specification for the cuesheet format somewhere.

Hey, better late than never. Smile Yeah, I remember using the backslash to escape a special character. So I will try the "\" as well the next time I burn a CD-R. Heck, I'll do it on a CD-RW so that the CD is not wasted if the cue file gets screwed up by mismatched quotes or incorrectly escaping it. Twisted Evil Thanks.

canada_trance
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Converting MP3 to .wav and then using cue sheets? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I'm using Nero 6. It takes about 20-30 minutes to load the .mp3 cue sheet, but I'm a patient guy.

What I'm finding is that cue-sheet cds I make from the .mp3 file don't play so well on my DVD stereo. However, converting tracks to .wav files play alright. How can I modify the .cue file to accept a .wav or .pcm file (I convert the files from within Nero).
penagate
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Feurio, it handles cue sheets perfectly. Nero I found always burnt the CD with errors (on top of the huge loading time).
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting MP3 to .wav and then using cue sheets? Reply with quote

canada_trance wrote:
Hi all.

I'm using Nero 6. It takes about 20-30 minutes to load the .mp3 cue sheet, but I'm a patient guy.

What I'm finding is that cue-sheet cds I make from the .mp3 file don't play so well on my DVD stereo. However, converting tracks to .wav files play alright. How can I modify the .cue file to accept a .wav or .pcm file (I convert the files from within Nero).

For a .wav file, simply change "MP3" to "WAVE". I'm not sure about .pcm.

TopThrillDiva
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post, but I am way TOO excited and happy to keep it to myself.

First off, I am so glad that a friend of mine referred me GT. I have fallen back in love with your music. If only I had super-fast-secret-government-download speed so I can listen to them sooner. But alas, I'm putting my cable to the test.

And thank you to Shotokan07 for your tutorial back on Page 1. Without it, I would have given up trying to add cue sheets to my CDs. But all is well know and the CD-burner is getting its workout too.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to GT for the awesome mixes, Shotokan07 for your technical help, and everyone else that has contributed. This will make you summer at Cedar Point that much better!
MichelleLoan1
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Party People,

I have uploaded every single mix ever created by GJ / Project C on my iPod into one large file. Now I want to mix it up a bit and split the tracks.

What program should I use? After reading all these posts I definetly dont want to use Nero.

Love,

Michelle
Rolling Eyes
MichelleLoan1
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing... Im a total idiot. Not knowing the purpose of Cue Sheets, I decided to keep the MP3 file and dump the Cue files. Is there any place on this website to download just the cue files?
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichelleLoan1 wrote:
What program should I use? After reading all these posts I definetly dont want to use Nero.

Love,

Michelle Rolling Eyes

Hi Michelle! Greetz to another fellow OC member!!! Twisted Evil

Why don't you want to use Nero? We use it all the time for our burning needs. Cue sheets are used mainly to burn audio CDs with seperated tracks. You can find a link to download the cue files each thread of the GT vs Project C section. I'll try to get all the cue sheets hosted on my site soon, so you can find them all in one place. You can find most of them here, but I haven't updated the list in a while. Wink

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
MichelleLoan1
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I downloaded Nero but it didnt recognize the CUE extension for Voices of Spring 06 Sad

Ps - You know that song by Gregory called Show Me? Well it has great vocals but the crappiest freestyle beat I've ever heard. I've tried finding a better version of it, but no such luck. Im sure you could fix up the song and make it killer. Wink
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichelleLoan1 wrote:
Yea, I downloaded Nero but it didnt recognize the CUE extension for Voices of Spring 06 Sad

It should, go to File -> Open. Change the file types to "ALL" and you should be able to browse to your CUE sheets and open them to burn. Wink

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
MichelleLoan1
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... actually Nero AND Mp3 Splitter arent recognizing the CUE extensions... Do I need to save it a certain way after downloading it?
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichelleLoan1 wrote:
Ok... actually Nero AND Mp3 Splitter arent recognizing the CUE extensions... Do I need to save it a certain way after downloading it?

I don't use Mp3 Splitter so I can't really say. But a "cue" sheet has that extension for a reason, to let programs know that it's a cue sheet. Just save, load, and burn. Razz

What version of Nero are you using? From the menu, have you tried selecting "Burn Image" and see if that let's you select the CUE sheets, even though my other method should work too. Wink

MichelleLoan1
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nero 7 Demo.

Here's what I'm doing:

Audio
Nero Burning ROM
Open
Then I locate the CUE file and hit open
And it says: Cannot open ____________ and then it says
An Error Occured while trying to load the CUE sheet.

So then I try a different method:
Recorder
Burn Image
Then I locate the CUE file... and I receive the same error message.

HELP! I receive the same error message while using the MP3 splitter program as well...
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the MP3 and CUE sheet is in the same folder.

MichelleLoan1 wrote:
And it says: Cannot open ____________ and then it says
An Error Occured while trying to load the CUE sheet.

Is that the complete message? Does it tell you if there is a line number that is messing it up? Please copy & paste the entire message if you haven't done so already.

beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle, have you double and triple checked that there are no typos, mismatch of quotes, etc.?

Masamune
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK, I've looked up and down this post and can't find anything close to the issue I'm having. I've figured out the mystery of .cue files and so on, that's not where my issues lie.

Check this out. I'm using nero 6 (i think) and I took my newly burnt CD (Voices of Trance - Sept. 2004) feeling quite triumphant as track 1 rolled through beautifully. Track 2 comes up, again wonderful, and then disaster. Where is track 3? (I don't know!) Track 2 passes, but instead of going to track three, I go to 20 minutes of negative time, but still on track 2. This process never ends for the entire CD (!!!). If I try to skip to track 3 or higher, the CD player just keeps trying to find the track, scrolling back and forth on the disc trying to find it... Irritating because I can't skip to certain tracks in the mix, but instead have to go through the entire CD. Irritated doesn't touch how I feel right now. HELP!!

BTW, I tested the cd in my car, personal CD player and DVD player as well as my computer. Same problem, everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: