Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Loading a Cue Sheet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shumba
Da Moderator

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotokan07 wrote:

Rename the .mp3 file with "_" for the spaces so it looks like Voices_of_Trance_2003.mp3,
then copy the renamed text,
open the .cue file with notepad,
go to line 3 where the name of the .mp3 file exist,
rename it by pasting the text there,
"FILE "dj_GT_-_Voices_Of_Trance_2003.mp3" MP3"

what is the importance of the under score _ ?
it seems to work with files with spaces for me but i duno if its 'better' to rename with an underscore _ is there any differance other than a different file name? Razz

Paw Paw Paw Paw
suupa61
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love musicutter~!!! Works great!!!
Da Artist

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st:
I have roxio audiocentral not wincdr or winamp... does anyone know about cue-ing in there... or is it stricly a nero, winamp, wincdr thing??

2nd:
if I can only use a program aforementioned, can i use the free winamp version? or do i have to buy the pro version? does the cue plugin work on the new winamp 5?

3rd:
i don't have a third question

4th:
does windows media player not support cueing? i would like to listen to these with the track listings at somepoint instead of guessing where they change over..

5th: more of a comment/fact (skip if you think engineers are stupid)

.cue files represent the order of which parts of the mp3 are played, correct? if true then the action of the .cue file is called queuing. I raise the topic b/c there is a debate between traffic engineers and the world on queuing. Why? b/c the spelling of queue is fixed, however, some people(typically transportation engineers) spell q-u-e-u-e-i-n-g, and the rest of the world spell q-u-e-u-i-n-g. Not really a big deal but the engineers like their spelling because supposively it is the longest use of vowels in the middle of a word or some non-sense like that... and since planes, trains, automobiles, and even music (to name a few) use queueing systems constatly, they like to be associated with the longer form... Shows how much attention engineers get from the normal world..

anyway, harmless little fact that i found funny, if you want an official explanation into this topic i can let you know on monday, i'll have my Transportation Engineering book with me and can give you the official rundown...

but yeah those are my questions, comments... thanks guys Wink

dave-o
Shumba
Da Moderator

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering .. dose any one know 'why' nero just freezes up for a good 5 minuets to load a cue file?
i guess it must be readding the hole file or somthing then splitting it readdy to burn in a temp folder somwere?? cos the more quallity the bigger the file the longer it takes to read the longer its frozen up for.

just a wondering..
Paw

**edit
heres another one probly more usefull to know
it there any differance betwee splitting a file with a cue then burning and just burning with the cue file?
i was wondering if it read the cue file and burnt info on the CD saying what the track is from the cue Vs readding from the file name if it dose anything atall
The_Jekyll
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thanks to everyones help. I just started using cue sheets. They are life savers.
Keep up the great mixes GT and Project C
Are you ever coming to play in Austin Tx
I just saw Oakenfold last night. It was great.
shawshank62
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever i try to use roxio, it says invalid disc image and it will not burn. i have tried the underscore stuff, etc. Then i tried wincdr, and nero, nothing will work...any suggestions?
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawshank62 wrote:
whenever i try to use roxio, it says invalid disc image and it will not burn. i have tried the underscore stuff, etc. Then i tried wincdr, and nero, nothing will work...any suggestions?

is it one of my cue sheets? can you copy and paste the TEXT of the cue sheet here, and maybe we can find out what the problem is. Also, type out the exact wording of the error that you are getting.

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
Project C
Da Bro

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shumba wrote:
just wondering .. dose any one know 'why' nero just freezes up for a good 5 minuets to load a cue file?
i guess it must be readding the hole file or somthing then splitting it readdy to burn in a temp folder somwere?? cos the more quallity the bigger the file the longer it takes to read the longer its frozen up for.

just a wondering..
Paw

**edit
it there any differance betwee splitting a file with a cue then burning and just burning with the cue file?
i was wondering if it read the cue file and burnt info on the CD saying what the track is from the cue Vs readding from the file name if it dose anything atall

Just my guess Shumba! I think it's converting the mp3 to wave or CDDA when it looks like it's freezing. When setting the .cue sheet as a wave file and burning it as a wave file, it doesn't have that freezing up experience.
Shumba
Da Moderator

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project C wrote:
Shumba wrote:

just a wondering..
Paw

**edit

Just my guess Shumba! I think it's converting the mp3 to wave or CDDA when it looks like it's freezing. When setting the .cue sheet as a wave file and burning it as a wave file, it doesn't have that freezing up experience.

but i thought it did that as it burns? i dont have any lag when burning mp3's as CDDA or whatever it converts to when i burn a mix without the cue o.o not that it realy matters that much *g*
Paw Paw Paw Paw
shawshank62
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is it one of my cue sheets? can you copy and paste the TEXT of the cue sheet here, and maybe we can find out what the problem is. Also, type out the exact wording of the error that you are getting.

The exact error is:

Invalid Source:
C:\Trance\GT_vs_Project_C_-_GTR_Session_6_(Jan_28_2005).cue
Valid Sources are a drive, a DVD-Video folder or a disc image file.

The Cue:
PERFORMER "GT vs Project C"
TITLE "GTR Session 6 (Jan 28 2005)"
FILE "GT_vs_Project_C_-_GTR_Session_6_(Jan_28_2005).mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Here In The House (Austin M's Extended Love Mix)"
PERFORMER "Andain"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Pieces Of Me (29 Plams Vocal Mix)"
PERFORMER "Ashlee Simpson"
INDEX 01 11:26:07
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Powerless (Leama & Moore Dub Mix)"
PERFORMER "Nelly Furtado"
INDEX 01 16:53:50
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Sand In My Shoes (Steve Lawler's We Love Ibiza Mix)"
PERFORMER "Dido"
INDEX 01 22:49:45
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Da Hype (Vocal Extended Mix)"
PERFORMER "Junior Jack Feat Robert Smith"
INDEX 01 31:23:39
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Owner Of The Lonely Heart (Max Graham Sidechain Mix)"
PERFORMER "Yes"
INDEX 01 38:34:62
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Lazy"
PERFORMER "X-Press"
INDEX 01 44:59:31
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Serendipity"
PERFORMER "Gabriel & Dresden"
INDEX 01 52:55:20
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Bring Me Back To Life (Andrew K Remix)"
PERFORMER "Evanesence"
INDEX 01 59:51:50
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Vertigo (Rendanka Remix)"
PERFORMER "U2"
INDEX 01 66:03:27
VaquitaSagrada
Poster

argentina.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya all...
i'm fighting with the nero-freezing thing but it seems to be working just fine for now...

i have a little question for any of you that might enlighten my sight...
as for burning everything's fine with the tuned cue file...
but i don't tend to burn cds as i use'em on my computer while working, so instead i mount them on a virtual device...
but no matter what, i keep getting this "invalid file" message...
i've tried Alcohol 120%'s virtual device and the ye'ol DaemonTools virtual device... and had the exact same problem with both of'em...
might any of you clear the path i'm facing?
it'd be grealy appriciated! Smile

thanks in advance and thanks for the cue-edditing-burning tip! ;D

(VaquitaSagrada)
scream
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used musicutter and after figuring it out a bit it worked great now i have all the music titiled and broken up thanks whoever posted that and to DJ GT!

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
DJ Jiggles
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i dont want to make anyone mad, i read most of the threads. I don't understand what you guys are talking about cue sheets. I downloaded the mix onto my computer and was also wondering how to get the tracks separated. Did i download it the wrong way? please help
zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Jiggles wrote:
ok i dont want to make anyone mad, i read most of the threads. I don't understand what you guys are talking about cue sheets. I downloaded the mix onto my computer and was also wondering how to get the tracks separated. Did i download it the wrong way? please help

Confused k, well let it pass seeing that you were searchin and all

k, now listen. The cue sheet that came with the mix, is what you use to separate the mp3s into individual tracks, while buring them. Now if you have a program like nero, or others. Then you use open image file, then you find that cue sheet, and open it(BE sure that the cue. file and mp3 are in the sample folder). Nero should freeze and after a while a screen will appear asking you if you want to burn it, click yes. After its done burning, you will have that mix, with each track separated, just like a regular compilation cd. Hope this answers your question

DJ Jiggles
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok zeroJ, just to make sure i download the file and it comes up as a windows media player on my desktop, thats fine. Then i guess i will download the cue sheet as like a what word pad?

and the most importantly i have Nero6 and was wondering if i use the audio & data option or just audio cd or what...thanks
zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Jiggles wrote:
ok zeroJ, just to make sure i download the file and it comes up as a windows media player on my desktop, thats fine. Then i guess i will download the cue sheet as like a what word pad?

and the most importantly i have Nero6 and was wondering if i use the audio & data option or just audio cd or what...thanks

The cue sheet can be turned to a word pad, by changin the end by '.txt'. But for it to work it has to end by '.cue'. Is that what you're wonderin?
Anyway I have Nero express, which should be the same as your Nero. First off in the main screen, or in the file options click on 'Disc Image or saved project'. When the screen appears for you to find the location, make sure to put the 'File Type' under cue. Find where your cue and mp3 is located press o.k, then comes the lag, and after that it should all work.
Hope this time this answers all your questions!!!

sig55
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Really at a loss...won't work anymore Reply with quote

Long ago, I burned everything using cues on Nero by changing the spaces to underscores. After losing all my data, I just downloaded the mixes again, but Nero won't recognize the cues.

Even after I rename both the cue and the specific line in the "notepad" cue, it still comes up saying that the same line has an error.

Here's one cue, for example: "Project_C_-_Phase_2_-_Raging_Serenity.mp3"

Any ideas/assistance? Thanks.
sig55
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Forget about it! Reply with quote

Thanks to the help earlier in the site, I finally decided to download Musiccutter and it's a breeze. The only reason I bought Nero was to burn GT's cues. Looks like I can use musiccutter and Roxio, and finally be able to delete the sh*tty program.
BIGJon
Da Fan

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget about it! Reply with quote

sig55 wrote:
Thanks to the help earlier in the site, I finally decided to download Musiccutter and it's a breeze. The only reason I bought Nero was to burn GT's cues. Looks like I can use musiccutter and Roxio, and finally be able to delete the sh*tty program.

I went with the same way you did after reading this post, and musiccutter is really damn fast for me. When I play the CD in my truck I can barely tell when it goes from one track to another (it is a little noticeable, but doesn't ruin the music or anything)

Thanks for the suggestion sig55
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

In a cue file, if you have a part of it that says:

TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "This is the title (12" Mix)"
PERFORMER "This is the artist"
INDEX 01 20:30:40

I think having that extra " in the TITLE line would mess up the processing of the cue file. So my question is how could you have the " there (say, the 12" Mix) part? For now, I'm replacing the " (a double quote) with '' (two single quotes). Is there some way to escape the double quote? I hope this is making sense. TIA.

Trance fans don't let trance fans listen to Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes.
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:

TRACK 04 AUDIO

I think having that extra " in the TITLE line would mess up the processing of the cue file. So my question is how could you have the " there (say, the 12" Mix) part? For now, I'm replacing the " (a double quote) with '' (two single quotes). Is there some way to escape the double quote? I hope this is making sense. TIA.

remove the extra quote next to the 12 with Inch! Wink

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:

TRACK 04 AUDIO

remove the extra quote next to the 12 with Inch! Wink

Well, what I mean is that I would like the " to be displayed in the CD text part. I guess I can always type inch or use two single quotes, but I was curious if there was a way to tell Nero to ignore that middle quote by somehow "escaping" that character. Thanks.

zero9ine
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: BURNING .CUE files and Creating .CUE files Reply with quote

Firstly Great music GT and Project C - its great to listen to while working.

I found some freeware software that burns .CUE files and a website link that you can generate a .CUE file from online.

The software to use is called Burrrn:

Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, tta, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets. You can also burrrn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets! Burrrn can read all types of tags from all these formats (including ape tags in mp3). Burrrn uses cdrdao.exe for burrrning.

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

I found it really simple to use just load the .CUE file, select burn speed and "Burrrn" and I have the CD a few mins later all split up and ready to play.

The online .CUE file generator http://www.stutenandy.de/cue.php?lang=en

I did try Nero but it took ages to load the .CUE file and either locked up or was still processing the file 5 mins or more later (no idea I ended the program cos i couldnt be bothered waiting) and I also tried CDRWin but it kept giving me some DAO error and that my burner wasnt able to burn (strange as its a new burner).. Anyway that prompted me to find something that would work so I figured I'd share my findings with others who may have had issues.

Very Happy
SadYear
Da Fan

france.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:
Well, what I mean is that I would like the " to be displayed in the CD text part. I guess I can always type inch or use two single quotes, but I was curious if there was a way to tell Nero to ignore that middle quote by somehow "escaping" that character. Thanks.

Have you tried "" (2 double quotes in a row) ? In a lot of programming language, quotes are used to build strings, like "blah blah blah". To insert what will be displayed as a double quote into a string, you have to use a 2 double quotes like "This is a double quote : "" and this is a single quote : '."

I didn't test it but maybe Nero works the same way ?
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: How to include a double quote in text field? Reply with quote

SadYear wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:

Have you tried "" (2 double quotes in a row) ? In a lot of programming language, quotes are used to build strings, like "blah blah blah". To insert what will be displayed as a double quote into a string, you have to use a 2 double quotes like "This is a double quote : "" and this is a single quote : '."

I didn't test it but maybe Nero works the same way ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't try escaping the " with another ", but that's a good suggestion and it can't hurt. At worst, I make a coaster CD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: