Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Voices Of Trance 002 (June 2005) - Guest DJ Moo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this mix!
Ownage!
76%
 76%  [ 153 ]
Pretty Good!
14%
 14%  [ 30 ]
Okie Dokie!
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Not Bad!
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Poopage!
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 201

zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
Project C wrote:
Moo wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
I just listened to the first mix of this set - the one that is 60:17 long. I have to admit that it's very boring. I know chill-out trance is not my thing, but this was just torture trying to listen to the entire mix. But I managed to stay awake. If you're a fan of chill-out music, then I suppose you will like this mix. But if you're a fan of high energy, then you won't. As far as technical aspects go, GT and PC's mixing was flawless.

sorry i disappointed Embarassed

I don't think it's a disappointment Moo, not everyone gets into Breakbeats.

To clear the air, the "AM" mix was a Breakbeat set, not really chill-out. For those that can appreciate this style, welcome aboard, I for one thought it was Moo's best breaks set ever! Twisted Evil

Dat Right Wink

Alija_
Poster

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: poopage Reply with quote

I am sorry bro, but this is version was really a failure or a "poopage" in other words....This is my own opinion and I am sorry if I was so direct, but I think that the one of the reasons is because I dont like too much this kind of music.

I am not saying that Its not good what you did in this album..maybe it helped you guys to get better...a different way of mixing.... I dont even like dj moo or dj pi..so i think that I should stop typing here.

Last edited by Alija_ on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zhevian
Poster

mexico.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

Shocked Awesomeeeeeeee...... Great, so great!
eit! Anybody know the song Dogzilla - Without you ?? Where can I get it ? ? I've been seeing in DI, I guess with the Corderoy Mix... Thanks...[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sdgserv
Poster

armenia.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More cheese....I need cheese Sad
HyPeR-X
Da Sunset Boy

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdgserv wrote:
More cheese....I need cheese Sad
You gotta come to holland then Wink that's the cheese country ^^

- HyPz
incognito
Banned Leecher

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: poopage Reply with quote

Alija_ wrote:
I am sorry bro, but this is version was really a failure or a "poopage" in other words....This is my own opinion and I am sorry if I was so direct, but I think that the one of the reasons is because I dont like too much this kind of music.

I am not saying that Its not good what you did in this album..maybe it helped you guys to get better...a different way of mixing.... I dont even like dj moo or dj pi..so i think that I could stop to talking right here.

Yeah I am more of a Dj Gt And Project C fan myself. The more people you put in the circle I think the more the talent goes down.
incognito
Banned Leecher

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beowulf7 wrote:
Project C wrote:
WOW!! All the professional Love!!

Seriously, without opinions, we can't get better, like I stated before, some people can get into certain genres of trance and some can't.

I for one don't enjoy the Happy Hardcore too much. I know alot of our style is very chill to beowulf7 but that is his feelings. He said it before on my other sets. It's all good. Some people think Metallica isn't that hard cause they like Ramstein. So keep the opinions coming. Wink

I'm not too much into Happy Hardcore either, but I can listen to it once in a while. The type of trance I mainly like are, for example, what DJ Doboy uses in his Trancequility and Vocal Edition mixes.

HH sometimes gets too fast (150+ BPM). Chill is too slow (typically < 125 BPM). My sweet spot is 135-145 BPM. Cool

Yeah Dj Doboy's mixes are awesome especially his Vocal Edition mixes 1-14. I have them all and I love all of them in their own way. Can't wait till 15 comes out.
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito wrote:
beowulf7 wrote:
Project C wrote:
WOW!! All the professional Love!!

Seriously, without opinions, we can't get better, like I stated before, some people can get into certain genres of trance and some can't.

I for one don't enjoy the Happy Hardcore too much. I know alot of our style is very chill to beowulf7 but that is his feelings. He said it before on my other sets. It's all good. Some people think Metallica isn't that hard cause they like Ramstein. So keep the opinions coming. Wink

I'm not too much into Happy Hardcore either, but I can listen to it once in a while. The type of trance I mainly like are, for example, what DJ Doboy uses in his Trancequility and Vocal Edition mixes.

HH sometimes gets too fast (150+ BPM). Chill is too slow (typically < 125 BPM). My sweet spot is 135-145 BPM. Cool

Yeah Dj Doboy's mixes are awesome especially his Vocal Edition mixes 1-14. I have them all and I love all of them in their own way. Can't wait till 15 comes out.

Cool, I can't wait either until VEV 15 is out, whenever that is. Smile

I just posted in the DJ Doboy thread that I was a little disappointed that VEV was so long (almost 84 min.). That means one can't burn it to an audio CD. So I used an MP3 editing program to cut out the last 3:51 and fade out the last 10 sec. It now fits into an overburned CD and sounds like a natural ending. Twisted Evil

Trance fans don't let trance fans listen to Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes.
RoBoCoP
Poster

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: WOOT Reply with quote

Lying on the shore listening to this mix with a cute girl next to me would be great... even though faining away with her on a hill between natures voices and this mix is even better... Embarassed

Love this curious mix, disregarding the fact that those previous mixes were awesome too.., perhaps even better, but we will forget that Razz

In the beginning I had to get used to this new type of mix, but the outcome is enermously..

Thanks..

Twisted Evil
philmcneal
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i hear some of these songs at my next rave i'm going to, i'm going to come Surprised Shocked Laughing

thanks again Dj gt and moo for making this possible!

...Inhale Cannabinoids
de stacaravan
Poster

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to explain why I do not like the AM-mix but as I expected there were some people before me who've said enough about it.

On the other hand the PM mix surprised me in a good way.

05. Way Out West - Don't Forget me (Riley & Durant Mix) Laughing
06. Kenny Hayes - Daybreaker (Signum Mix) Laughing
07. Carbon ft. Ely - Shelter Me (Complex Remix) Laughing

Awesome tracks; great pace and by turning up the bass and volume it's banging enormously, 10. Cosmix Gate ft. Jan Johnston - I Feel Wonderful (12 inch Mix) is just beautiful, (I think my neighbours can sing along with this track, IF they would like to do so). I suppose track 8&9 have just been put in to fit 10 in!? Wink Tho I like the original Greece 2000 sound in it.

And by making these 2 cd's you guys can save some of the worldclass mindstunning vocal trance tracks for the Voices of Summer 2005, or were there just none!? Idea
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de stacaravan wrote:
And by making these 2 cd's you guys can save some of the worldclass mindstunning vocal trance tracks for the Voices of Summer 2005, or were there just none!? Idea

Is it summer aleady? Better dust out those decks C!!! Twisted Evil

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
Stebenwulf
Da Drunk

finland.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ownage Cool
DJMarkIIdx
Justine's Stalker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the show on di, my computer is dead and sitting at best buy right now... havent been online in a while, I didn't really realize how much I used my computer til now... but Im dl'ing it now on my gf's mom's laptop which is at my house now, so I will get to hear this crazy cool mix soon.... I can't wait. BLAAAAHHHH Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orangefeesh
Da Fan

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm the track list looks pretty familiar, which is sometimes a plus.

somehow id rather hear sets produced less frequently because i always have this need to appreciate a mix before turning to a new one. im still caught up on your may mix, and i havent gotten around to listen to a bunch of other cd's that i got recently.

still, i guess more can't hurt. but save the best for voices of summer eh?
beowulf7
DJ Prince

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stebenwulf wrote:
ownage Cool

Hmm, there's another 'wulf in town, eh? Howdy! Cool

Trance fans don't let trance fans listen to Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes.
DJMarkIIdx
Justine's Stalker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Moo, this is great stuff. I have only listened to the first mix (AM) but have listened to it a few times... I really really like it. It's nice to hear something different than normal vocal trance. The song selection is good, there are some really good melodies as well as vocals. Also, the After All mix is great, sounds creepy in a good kinda way. The beat is also a nice change... not just boomchicboomchicboomchicboomchic. I always prefered vocal trance, with Spring 04 disc 1 being my favorite mix of all time, but I really really like it.

The transitions are very well done also. Letting melodies and music from the previous song stay strong while actual verses are going on in the next one (like after all into freefall). Good job, you had a lot to live up too mixing next to GT and C but you fit right in, really great job mixing.

I would pick a favorite track in the mix... but all of it grabbed my interest... I would have to pick tracks 2-6. And Jan Johnston is one of my top 3 vocalists... 3rd is Kirsty Hawkshaw, 2nd Jan Johnston, and 1st Justine Suissa (I would marry her for her voice... I actually havent seen a pic.).

Anyway, good job. And from what I've read the only problems people have is the genre/style of the music, which that is all just due to different opinions and tastes. Most people showed up here cause they heard the styles presented on the voices of xxx series that they came across on either bittorrent (as I did) or on DI. Just keep mixing what you like to hear, this was good. I'm listening again. I think I might move onto the PM set soon. Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point ddrmagician, your right that its nice to hear something different sometimes.

de stacaravan
Poster

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
de stacaravan wrote:

Is it summer aleady? Better dust out those decks C!!! Twisted Evil

Wink it's summertime!!!
tomascw
Poster

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! I can't download it right now. I'm at a friends house.
Haha, oh well. XD
brady_de_vrye
DJ B-top

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, PC, and Moo this set was incredible!! I'm gonna burn it and listen to it in my car! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
buckie
Poster

australia.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these is a good as the rest, I can't wait....
de stacaravan
Poster

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckie wrote:

No they're not, the rest is better Cool

Not a day goes by without listening some of Session 8, VO spring 2005 or VOT May 2005 "AM" and 09. Tension Feat. Julie Harrington - Lost In You (Greg Murray Remix) from VO winter snowflake is my favorate these days.. what a sound!!!
Rich^uk
Poster

ussr.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

second cd kicks ass!
zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de stacaravan wrote:
buckie wrote:

No they're not, the rest is better Cool

Not a day goes by without listening some of Session 8, VO spring 2005 or VOT May 2005 "AM" and 09. Tension Feat. Julie Harrington - Lost In You (Greg Murray Remix) from VO winter snowflake is my favorate these days.. what a sound!!!

You check out Moo's & My mix -Summer Nights- its got that mix "Lost in You"... Anyways enough spaming for me, Great two disc set, first starts smooth, and then kicks it up with the pm mix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> GT vs Project C (past - 2005) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: