Generation Trance
Vote for GT  at The DJ List! Vote for GT and Project C at The DJ List! Vote for Project C  at The DJ List!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Chat   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Creating torrents & seeding for the community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teneray
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Creating torrents & seeding for the community Reply with quote

Hey I don't suppose it's possible for us to get access to the tracker here eh?

Have seen a number of mixes and what not avail for dl on sites like megaupload, but they usually have pretty abysmal download rates. However..that being said..I usually wait (takes a day on average) and once it's downloaded what about supporting the community, making a torrent out of the mp3 (or directory containing it and the cue file) and then seeding. Torrents usually fly. Well..depending on peers/seeders of course.

Anyhow..I guess what I'm saying is I'd be willin to seed if we can make the torrents (easy part) and somehow access the tracker (not sure how that works). System is usually on 24/7 so.. <Shrug>

THoughts?

Figure GT or PC would be the gusy to ask..so I'm askin!

--
Teneray
zeroJ
Da Moderator

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, o.k well, I have no Idea what your sayin, so you'll have to ask the techincal guys, like DD, Tosh, from what I gather this seems like a good Idea though

teneray
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not completely versed in torrents but...

As I understand it the tracker (server that handles the torrent files but doens't host the actual file that gets passed around - and also handles the connections) is a server that is hosted with GT. (tracker.generationtrance.com).

I *believe* that if we had a username/password ..we might be able to create torrents and upload the torrent tracker file (basically the index) and then seed to those people that download it.

The person that makes the torrent has to have decent uptime while it seeds until a full copy gets out there, of course. But I don't think I've stopped seeding for 3 weeks now (since I started grabbing the GT mixes).. heh. Have like a 12:1 ratio.
djGT
Da Man

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather not have other users have access to the tracker info. I would like to have only 1 tracker for each mix, to avoid confusion.

As for direct download links, I'm in the process of finding a more reliable host (T3) so please stay tuned. Twisted Evil

Mixcloud :: Facebook :: Twitter :: MySpace :: TRACKER - Please help seed the torrents, especially those with zero seeders!
teneray
Poster

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djGT wrote:
I would rather not have other users have access to the tracker info. I would like to have only 1 tracker for each mix, to avoid confusion.

As for direct download links, I'm in the process of finding a more reliable host (T3) so please stay tuned. Twisted Evil

Ya but technically whenever each of us downloads the torrent we get added to the tracker that way (which is why it increases the size of the swarm) anyway. But I suppose I can see why you don't want ppl uploading whatever.

Anyone else have a tracker (server) we can use maybe? My workplace wouldn't understand if suddenly our bandwidth was being eaten up by torrents. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Trance Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: